The Community Response Team (CRT) Program is based on the philosophy of “neighbors helping neighbors”. It is designed for individuals who want to help their community and neighbors during an emergency, but do not have the desire to fight fires or engage in intense training. CRT members are trained in First Aid and CPR, Disaster Response and Incident Command.
CRT members do not extinguish fires, but instead support Fire Authority firefighters and paramedics. The initial CRT training is limited to 50 hours and is conducted in the evenings, on a schedule that is convenient for the participant. Ongoing training occurs monthly for two hours. All training and response equipment is provided by the NMRFA.
- First Aid and CPR
- Disaster Response
- Incident Command and Firefighting Assistance
- Real life experiences on actual emergency calls
Ready to join the Community Response Team?
- Click on Volunteer Application
- Save the application to your computer
- Complete the application in full
- Return the application via email, mail or in-person