The North Mason Regional Fire Authority performs annual fire inspections to mitigate potential fire and life safety hazards in commercial buildings. All businesses are provided with a written report upon completion of their inspection. The report outlines corrections that need to be made in order to foster a fire safe environment. Depending on the type of occupancy, fire inspections may be completed either once or twice a year. These include buildings with commercial hood and cooking systems as well as hazardous materials storage facilities.
The Authority strives to use these inspections as a way to interact with the community business owners in an effort to make a fire safe environment for all. We do this by offering:
- A safer working and living environment for employees and residents;
- A safer environment for your patrons;
- Business and job security. Up to 80 percent of all small businesses that experience a large fire never re-open. This affects the business owner, employees and the community;
- Better maintained building for improved re-sale value; and
- A reduction in fire insurance premiums.
We believe our hands on approach to fire inspections is a benefit to North Mason business owners – we value our partnerships and believe our community is made stronger by the businesses that support this area.
Click HERE for a copy of our annual inspection form. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Fire Prevention Office at 360-275-6711 x 214 or Fire Prevention Captain Jeromy Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Code Adoptions:
2015 International Code Council Fire Code
2015 International Code Council Building Code
2013 NFPA 25 Water Based Fire Protection Systems
2010 NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
2013 NFPA 58 Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code
2013 NFPA 13 Installation of Sprinkler Systems