Lock Box Program
All buildings must provide access to the Fire Department in emergency situations. Mason County Fire District has selected the Knox company, a nationally recognized company for our lock box program.
Instructions how to obtain a lock box:
- Click on the links below. Make sure that the 3200 series is used for Commercial and the 1650 series is used for residential.
- Enter the zip code (98528) and select “Mason County Fire District 2”.
- The lock box company will send you the lock box to the address given.
- When the lock box arrives contact the Fire Prevention Office at 360-275-6711 x 202 for install placement.
- Make a set of master keys for all outside doors, and if needed, inside doors.
- After installation, contact North Mason Regional Fire to lock the Knox Box.
|The most common lock box is the 3200 series.Order a 3200 series lock box (Required for Commercial Buildings)|
|A larger box is also available for more keys and entrance cards.Order a 4400 series vault|
|Any new sprinkler system installed needs to be provided with locking FDC caps after a flush has been witnessed by one of our Prevention personnel.Order FDC locking caps|
|If you plan to have an electronic gate installed for your residence, there are two options to provide access to the fire department in case of an emergency. One is a Knox padlock that locks a special switch installed by the installer. The preferred method is the Knox Key switch that the installer places next to the keypad for the gate.Order Key switch|
|For fences or gates that require security, a pad lock is available.Order a Padlock|
|Residential Knox Box for single family residences. Order a Residential Knox Box|