Strengthen Yourself and Your Community
Whether it is a fire or medical emergency, our volunteer responders truly make a difference. You can make a difference by becoming a volunteer with the North Mason Regional Fire Authority. Our volunteers play a vital role in the Fire Authority, by providing lifesaving actions when seconds count and helping to reduce emergency response times.
Our volunteers receive a variety of benefits for donating their time. Not only do they have the opportunity to assist on actual emergency calls, but they are provided with an array of training opportunities at no cost to them. Our volunteers also participate in numerous North Mason community events, including pancake feeds, Tahuya Day, Santa Sleigh, Safety Days at our local schools and the Taste of Hood Canal to name a few. Being a volunteer for the Fire Authority is a rewarding experience.
The following video was made by volunteers Amber and Micah Coolidge and features some inspirational testimonials from members of the Fire Authority.
We have four exciting ways to volunteer! Click on the links below to learn more:
- Community Volunteer Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Student Firefighter
- Community Response Team Member (CRT)
- Wildland Volunteer Firefighter
The minimum requirements to volunteer with the Fire Authority include:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or have a Visa permitting you to work in the United States
- You must have a High School Diploma or GED
- You must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- You must pass a comprehensive background check
- You must pass a physical examination and a functional capacity assessment
- You must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR and First Aid Certification within the first three months of acceptance into the Volunteer Program
- Community Volunteer Firefighter/EMTs must maintain residency within the Fire Authority’s jurisdictional boundaries
Here are some additional videos we think you’ll find interesting: